My fast

Oh God stop it.

Yes they are cheesy.
Yes they are chauvinistic and promoting dip shit behavior.

But it is etching in the the subliminal pop culture.  People are
quoting it and imitating it.  I don't particularly care for it myself,
but the smashing of ricer cars is good comedy, and I love that dude
that was in Armageddon--(again ludicrous concept but entertaining
nonetheless... bunch of American cowboys!)

Unfortunately it is here for a while.  For the same reason why
Brittany Spears sells albums even though she has the artistic merit of
The Monkees.  VW doesn't give a shit if you or I buy a new GTI or even
if you like their commercials.  They care about getting their name out
there even if it means slumming it a little and targeting the
demographic that is most in tune with pop culture, and is most likely
to go buy one because of a catchy jingle not because it is a good car.
 Teenagers and twenty something's spend more money than all the other
demographics put together.

Sorry about the rant.  I am a little bitchy since I wrecked the 85.
Chris