Track Day North and my weekend (blithery)

<snipped blithery>

> Anyway, to the point (finally). Looks like we have to arrange something on
> our own. Give me dates that are good, and I'll see what's available. I have
> REAL problems with giving these places significant money ahead of time,
> especially Dunnville, as they're openly operating illegally, and don't
> care. They're not local guys either. Cayuga's likely not going to vanish,
> but we'd be SOL if the weather went bad, they'd keep the deposit. ( Note to
> self: Tell Jim J. it's on a different date) But I'll phone about open track
> days once you give me a ballpark month that's good, like May? July? August?
> September? What works? And what sort of price would be acceptable for a day
> of insanity on the circuit track? And interest in a dyno as well? I don't
> see why we couldn't do both if there's interest.
>
> For those not familiar with where I am, it's an hour on the Canada side of
> Buffalo NY. And you can stay/wrench here, not a problem. I'm like five
> minutes from either track.

Bummer to hear no more CSCS.  Did you hear what happened to them?

As for renting the track ourselves... would be tough.  Well, financially that is.  It's so
difficult to get firm commitment from everyone with all of our crazy lives going on.  And I would
take a guess we would need *at least* a few dozen people to show up to keep the cost reasonable.
But hey Cathy... it wouldn't hurt to inquire about the cost of doing this, eh?  Obviously, you
could count on me, and I could talk about 4-6 people around here into coming at least... but we
would need a lot more than that to pull it off.

I would also imagine that *some* other group out there rents that track and would welcome some
additional drivers to their event.  Is there any way to talk to the track schedulers and find out
what other groups might be renting the track this year?  If so, we could call up those groups and
find out if they have some room for us to join maybe?

I hope we can pull this off...  I really love finding excuses to come visit Canada *and* race.

But hey, if it falls through, we could do a dyno day weekend up near your place at least...  ;)

Ben