Subject: POR15/picklex q's

> Message: 8
> Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:40:05 +0000
> From: julie@menloparkrandd.com
> Subject: POR15/picklex q's
> To: "Org, Scirocco" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>

> I know this has been asked before, but.... After removing the
> windshield, drilling out countless (and hidden) spot welds, I never
> want to do this again...
>
> I see POR15 having the heavier coat, more resistant to the
> elements, but the 3 part system is expencive. Clean, etch then coat...
> Picklex one blast and its done, but still needs protection.
> Found on ebay, picklex is about $39.00, just the rust paint (but 5
> cans) of POR15 is $35.00
>

>> From a chemists point of view, which is the better rust converter?

julie,

i've used POR-15 successfully but never picklex.  i did read some
mrtg / sales info out of the recent Eastwood catalog saying that
their rust treatment is superior to POR-15 and doesn't require the 3
step process.

i'm not endorsing it, i'm just suggesting another alternative.  good
luck working in that area!  i've found eastwood's products good, but
a little pricey.

-george