Multiple statements

On 3/11/06, C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> I've used POR 15 as a rust stopper on Klaus, and it's holding well on the
> areas that I treated properly...

> I know Mark F has something he likes better, Picklex I think. I'm sure
> he'll chime in.

Yup, Picklex20 is the shiznit...  BUT, you can't spray epoxy primer
over it - which is the only drawback I can see with this product...
It's great to use if you're taking your time with a bodywork job (in
sections) - you can apply it to bare metal and it'll be protected for
months/years (indoors) until you can prime/paint it.  Bodyfiller can
be applied over it.  I bought a 625ml spray bottle of it, and it goes
a LONG way.  Just spray it on the surface, or brush it on lightly with
a foam brush - wait a minute, and wipe the excess away.  I have used
it in all the hidden nooks and crannies on my 75 after I stripped it
down to nothing...  It also converts any rust you can't remove (in
those nooks and crannies where sandpaper/grinders won't reach) to an
inert something-or-other.  Another thing I like about it is that even
if a small area gets comprimised (by abrasion, flying rock, etc) it
won't allow the rust to "creep".  Another cool feature is that not
only can you weld right through it, it actually makes for a better,
less splatter-prone weld!

Here's the website:  <http://www.picklex20.com/>

HTH,

Mark.