Was: I have another Scirocco, now a survey

On 6:07:20 am 03/08/06 "David L Winchell, II" <davidwinchell2@sprynet.com>
wrote:
> I have lost count of where the survey is at, but I'll add my
> collection over the years as well.
>
> My first was an 82 purchased in 87, not from Daun nor sold to Daun.
> My second is the 87 2.0L 16v, not from Daun either.
> My third was the 86 that came from Florida and given to a local (SC)
> dubber. No Daun transactions there.
> Fourth was a friends that we picked up in Atlanta and I bought later
> as a parts car.  No Daun deals on this one either.
> The fifth is the BBS car that I am pretty sure Daun never owned.
> Sixth is the 80 S that was given to me by a guy in Charlotte. No Daun
> on that one either.
>
> Seems like I am missing a car or two.  My counts to add to the survey
> are 6 with no Daun connections that I am aware of.  There is always
> the possibility that one of the PO's bought from him before I was
> aware of it.
> Dave
>
> David Winchell, II
> 87 2.0L 16V Scirocco
> 84 BBS Scirocco Turbo G60
> 80 Scirocco S
> 00 Silverado
> 04 .:R32

So not as much Daun as I'd thought. All I know is that every time I talk to
him, he has someone over to pick up a car, and I can't keep track of what
he has stored there as a temporary adoption. I asked him to make up a list
of who he's sold/dealt to, but he said it was too many to remember. My 79
was not a direct Daun deal, he never owned Klaus, but I'd never have found
the car without his help, nor would I have been able to get it home. (He
conveniently provided the "O.R." needed for some tranny issues). The
beloved cabby, OTOH, had been Daun's mom's car. My 16V had about eight
owners before me, so that tells you something about me. No other normal
human would have tolerated her bullshit for long. I'm glad I did.

Cathy, hoping for some serious Rocco content over the March break, three
more days..... :)