Pre-tuned by German Engineers

Adam Carroll wrote:

> The only thing is the ride height of the MkV. The american-spec
> spring setup sux. It almost looks like a safari edition. Why doesn't
> VW use the Audi-style factory ride height?

According to what I've read, it's bumper height regulations in the USA
that are to blame.  It has also been noted that the suspension tuning,
despite the taller ride height, is VERY close to euro-spec in regards to
spring rates, lack of body roll, etc.

I'd dump the stock suspension for an aftermarket setup anyways and not
be concerned about this at all.  The R32 came with a crappy & taller
Monroe/no-name-spring setup here, I quickly ditched it for the euro-spec
Bilstein/H&R stock setup, major difference and the Bilsteins will last
virtually forever.

--
Kevin Collins
Chandler, AZ