Pre-tuned by German Engineers

  The MkII 8v/16v were offered in white. The MkIII 8v/VR6 were also offered in white, so that salesman must have just been thinking of the MkIV's not having a white GTI. I think that sales will be up in the rest of the world for the GTI MkV, but sales in the states will be questionable. Alot of the 'loyal to manufaturer' guys and girls in the US are scared of new looks such as the this. I used to hate it, but the poise and fit and finish (sound-deadining, ka-chunk of the doors/bonnets, etc.) blows all other equivelent (sport-compact) car makers outta the water. I think there will be cleaner cosmetical mods, and better looking lighting out soon to clean up some of the heues and lines that aren't to the liking of most.

     The only thing is the ride height of the MkV. The american-spec spring setup sux. It almost looks like a safari edition. Why doesn't VW use the Audi-style factory ride height? I have to admit, I have warmed up to the new GTI (white color? "hated it." and "snaps in z-formation") in any color but white. Every article that I have read has represented a good drive. Also looking at companies like APR and Neuspeed (new A3) the 2.0T has got some capabilities. FSI muddafuka FSI!

Yahoo! Mail