Ignition Troubleshooting

Perhaps your connector is loose (internally) at the coil and one of the wires is making intermittant contact.
Ed
'81S

>>> "Kevin Brosha" <kjbrosha@gmail.com> 2006-02-28 9:10:11 PM >>>

Ok, my car (16v) is losing spark randomly. Last time it cut out, I tried to
find the source, I need some help - I have zero aptitude here.

No spark at any plugs.  Nothing at the distributor.  Power going to the
coil, nothing coming out.  Sounds like the coil, maybe?  It came back all of
a sudden, and there is plenty of spark now.  So what I have is an
intermittent problem (lately every couple days) that causes a loss of spark
from the coil.  A buddy of mine mentioned something on the distributor that
might cause this - I dunno.  I don't understand this stuff, to be honest,
and the Bentley is like greek to me.  Before I got this car, the most I
could do was change the oil on a car.

The car often won't start too - leave it sit for 30 minutes after trying,
and it will start.  It's only once quit while on the road - usually it's
just been a problem getting it started.

Thanks in advance for any advice!