Ignition Troubleshooting

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:25:38 -0500, "Edward Effinger"
<Eeffinger@conestogac.on.ca> wrote:

>Perhaps your connector is loose (internally) at the coil and one of the wires is making intermittant contact

Good bet.  I'd check all the push-on connectors that attach wires to
the coil.  They will loosen their grip after many years.  If you find
one that wiggles easily, take a pair of pliers and squeeze it a bit so
when it slides on the tab, it's tight.

You could have a +12v wire to or from the coil grounding out somewhere
as well, but if the coil functions *sometimes* it's probably a bad
connection somewhere.

As a general rule in automotive electrical troubleshooting, 90% of
malfunctions in a circuit are related to the wire terminations.

Gordon

75 Mk1/Drake 1.9