Mk1 transmission removal AGONY!

thank to everyone!!!  I'll be back @ this Sunday morning to finish.
The bolts are 12 pt allen heads, and I'm using a 6 pt allen head w/
the aid of a hammer but I removed the d/s strut assembly and worked
off the axle. I think I'm gonna attemt removing the tranny with the
axles still attached.

Note: this is the "Parts Edition" 80 I picked up last winter and the
tranny is being donated to my pops for his (well one of his) 82 Rabbit
convertibles w/a bum tranny. So after I conquer the removal of the
transmission, there will be no install.

thanks for all of the great advice. You have all encouraged me to get
this bastard out!!