Mk1 transmission removal AGONY!

It has been a while since I've removed one, but I don't ever remember
it being this annoying. I mean ACK!!

Problem now is the driveshafts. I cannot seem to get the bolts out no
matter what. I am w/o airtools and the 12 pt allen socket I have keeps
wanting to round. I'm tapping the bolts with a hammer. I think I'm
gonna drop the transmission with the driveshafts attached.

Has anyone ever dropped the trans with the driveshafts attached?

--
Michael Bee and Butch > a lethal combination.

1980 Scirocco 1.8 8v 4spd
1990 Audi 200TQ Avant 10v 5spd
1993 Chevrolet K1500 Z71 "VW tow truck"