The Free Car...

This week-end I had the pleasure to meet again with Marc Getty, who is one
expert connaisseur regarding beer, and we went out and had a few beers with
him and his friends! It is always a pleasure to meet (and drink) with Mr
Getty.

This week-end was the Canadian Grand-Prix in Montr?al. F1 race meant "car
party" in town.

OT: F1 weekend observations.
Alonso/Renault won the Canadian GP race, so we were treated to a nice
rendition of "La Marseillaise".

Villeneuve ended up in a "Honda" wall, and could not finish the race. His
new song is quite lame IMHO. I cant' stand the local singer guy who wrote it
actually.

I saw lots of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Mustang Shelbys, Titties, Mercedes
SL500, and other exotic cars. I also went to a mechanic friend's garage, and
he showed me around: one cool '70s 911, one race Viper, three Ferraris, Two
Shelby Cobras Replica, 1 Shelby Daytona Replica... Was that heaven or what?

I also went for a ride in the Scirocco. Downtown I got a few thumbs up,
heard some people say "look a Scirocco just like so and so used to drive",
was yelled at by one dumb green hippy saying that I was polutting the
planet, met and mingled with lots of very nice people, and had a blast!

Bad news is I just realised that the darn Jamex suspension on the Scirocco
is shot. The front end is bouncing all over the place like it is trying to
play basketball.

This is what I will order this week and fit on the Scirocco for my fourth
setup:
<<http://www.parts4vws.com/catalog/product_detail.asp?PartNumber=54708/BL>>

All was fun, nobody got hurt, except for one of Getty's friend. Lots of beer
and partying, and car driving made it for a cool week-end. :-)

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'97 A4 Q