Can we design and build a bio-diesel electric hybrid scirocco?

> Heck - it worked for Toyota,
> but then aren't they still losing money on the Prius's?

A Prius, if driven in a, well, different manner, can get >100 mpg.  The technique involves running on the electric alone, cycling
the battery, using the engine only to recharge the pack and then going back to battery only.

Some guys on an HBO special went something crazy like 1000 miles on a single tank using this technique.

I am by no means calling it practical, just possible.

Al