Can we design and build a bio-diesel electric hybrid scirocco?

This is a great idea! Now all we need some idiots who are too bad at math to realize the money you save on gas would never make it worth all the cost of building such a thing, and we might have some buyers for it!!  Heck - it worked for Toyota, but then aren't they still losing money on the Prius's?

Aerodynamics?  We are talking about a scirocco here, aren't we?

Any real advantage to a parallel setup?  The extra weight of getting driveshafts to the rear wheels, suspension changes, motor mounts, etc. would be a big problem I would think.  Also, you would lose trunk space for the batteries.  Besides, with the 3 cylinder setup there would be plenty of room up front for the right electric motor.

...or you can consider the fact that Chuck Blue's MK1 already gets 39mpg with an ABA turbo in it and start wondering why a Prius only gets around 60.  If you grant Chuck the fact that he has decent tires, MK1 aerodynamics, and can outrun anything he wants to, the hybrid magic really loses its appeal.  The realization that hybrid's are more of a sales gimmick than useful technology can't be far behind in your minds!.  Now the guy who is building prototype Hummers for the military that run on water.  THAT is something worth pursuing.