Can we design and build a bio-diesel electric hybrid scirocco?

On 4:48:47 pm 06/23/06 Brendan Doyle <lord_verminaard@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ah yes, but the 1.2TDI is all aluminum, not just the head.  I've heard
> that fully assembled, the engine is light enough for one person to
> handle.  Actually, it's the same engine in that ThunderStar TDI bike:
> http://www.gizmag.com/go/4273/1/  So it should help offset the weight
> of the electronics quite a bit.....
>
> Brendan
>

>Then why not throw a second one of those in the hatch? 120hpAWD? That'd be
fun....I know, lots of design issues, but hell, in a MkI shell you could
pick up and lift the whole car into tight parking spots, it'd be so light
:)

I'm not enamored of the whole battery lifespan thing....I have enough
problems keeping a plain Jane 12V one alive in the engine bay, you know?
Cathy