Can we design and build a bio-diesel electric hybrid scirocco?

--- Behrle Hubbuch <behrleiii@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I propose that with all the experience, technical
> knowledge and creativity this group possesses we can
> design and build a practical bio-diesel electric
> hybrid Scirocco.  Any takers?
>
>   Behrle

Well, after reading all the replies so far I want to
weigh in on the 'No to Hybrid' and 'Yes to efficient
Internal Combustion'.

There are a number of motors that can make a real
light car like a Scirocco into a gas sipping dream,
esp w/ the right gearing.

But adding an electric motor and batteries reduces one
of the main points of building, and driving, a
Scirocco in the 1st place; it's nimbleness.

You might as well put that hybrid stuff in a Rabbit
instead where it belongs.

TBerk