Trouble starting

Lately I've had issues starting the car when it's been sitting a while.
Starts fine when hot.  When cold, it cranks for a while and eventually
starts (30 sec or so).  I don't crank it for that long at once, BTW.

Anyway, thermo time switch / cold start valve?  I used to have this problem
years ago (at least 4 yrs before joining the list) and instead of fixing
(was dirt poor then :) I just popped the clutch for a year or so.  Finally
got it fixed and I believe that was the problem then.

Should I order those items?  BTW, anyone got part numbers for those two
items?

--
Mike
'86 red 16v: Red 5 (aka der Jahrtausendfeierfalke)