Checking brakes and... squirt

I know that I at least started this e-mail about a week ago but I just
upgraded my computer and with that I reinstalled windows, so if I
already said this just flame me. This is actually the third time I have
tried sending this in the past couple of days, perhaps it will go
through this time.

I finally took the time to look at my rear brakes and once I got in
there I realized that I have no idea what I'm doing. Well thats how you
learn, right? So I followed the book's directions and got my brother to
press the brake pedal while I look at the brake to see if everything is
moving correctly. It isn't. One of the pistons sticks at first and one
or the other won't go out all the way. Then I notice that the rubber
around the piston began to swell. I pushed on it a little (this is with
the pedal mostly depressed) and brake fluid squirts a few feet away.
What is going on? Is it time to take it to a pro?

--
   --Jacob Hawes
Cars: