Cam install this weekend - Pointers

Yes I know, the first pointer is to read the Bently.  I just haven't had
time and I plan on doing that late tonight.

BUT, I figured I would get the goods straight from the experts :)

I figured it can't be all that hard.  But any pointers or things to watch
out for while swapping cams and lifters?

As I have never done this before, I was wondering how difficult it is to
get the cam gear off the end of the cam?  Do I need to get a small puller
to do it?

Also, any thing to worry about when removing the lifters and installing
new ones?

TIA

Cory Langford
'86 Roc turbo,