Cam install this weekend - Pointers

Cory,
Cams are relatively simple, but some things to keep in the back of your
head:

8v cam gears have 2 marks, one on either face of the gear, make sure to
use the right one when you reinstall it (it'll be the one on the side
facing the block, it should be lined up with the top edge of the head)

When you pull it, loosen all the cam bearings evenly, so you don't
overstress the cam.  The procedure should be in the Bentley, but it's
basically 1, 3, 5, 2, 4, a little at a time, until they are all loose.
At the end, the cam will twist a little from the spring pressure being
released, but no worries.  Installation is the reverse.  Watch your torques

Make sure and use engine assembly lube or thick oil on the bearing
surfaces when you reinstall it, so you don't start the engine with a dry
cam.

Do your timing belt while you're in there if it needs it.

Upgrade to the G60 valve cover gasket, it's pretty cheap and well worth
it (rubber instead of cork, Potterman sells the kits)

Don't over torque the valve cover nuts, you'll strip the head.

I'm sure more will chime in with other tips, good luck!

Nate