Poll: Transmission color

Brian Haygood wrote:
> OK, might as well ask.  I've got a red '88 16v.  I'm putting a
> rebuilt trans in it and would like to powdercoat the case.  What
> color do you suggest for the case.  I can do anything from flat
> black, to chrome, cast aluminum, or bright yellow for goodness sakes.
> Maybe a nice baby blue?  Not.
cast aluminum or similar "silvery" color.

> Anyway, give me a suggestion.  I'll likely end up doing valve covers,
> headers, engine, etc. eventually, so feel free to suggest an entire
> color scheme.
Engine. A light color is preferable.  When you need to go down into the
caverns to work it is nice to have something reflective that lets you
actually see what you are trying to see. (One of my rules of thumb for
working on cars is that it is at least 400% easier if you can see what
you are doing.) (In some environments groping around in the dark is a
lot of fun, but when working on a car it can be a pain in the ass.)

The engine is another good place for a silvery color. If you need
contrast with the gearbox, give the gearbox more of a grayish color -
cast aluminum or gun metal gray.

For the rest you can add some color. Not to garish, or rice will grow in
your back seat.

Chris