Mars Gets An Antique Registration

Well, then, that was my mistake and it won't happen again.  A whole bunch of
folks at Cincy had joked about how you like to drive fast, they joked about
the bird incident, people joked about the speeding thing on the way home
(while we did all share some concern about whether everything was ok with
you).  I thought my joke was along the same lines, but I was mistaken.

There is a lot of ribbing and joking on the list, in the spirit of keeping
things light.  You're right, I don't know you, so I won't make any more
comments about anything personal about you or anyone else I don't know.

I got tired of standing at Cincy last year, while you were sitting the chair
that I had bought/brought.  I thought about it and didn't think it was a
good idea to sit in someone else's chair, since they'd eventually need it,
so I decided I should sit in my own chair.  If I had brought two, you would
have been welcome to sit in one for as long as you liked.  I didn't think I
should sit on the grass; that's why I brought a chair....so I could chill.
What would you have done?

I had to lag behind on the convoy at times *last year*, because my 16V had
crappy front tires and was dangerous above 75 in the rain (about 8 hours of
it).  I drove home myself (after swapping front to rear) and spent a *lot*
of time above 90mph....was doing 110+ for a few nice stretches.  Ask the
people who traveled with me this year if I'm a slow driver.  I'm not
defending myself, because I don't think there's anything wrong with driving
slower.

Anyhow, I absolutely didn't mean to be disrespectful and, as I said, it
won't happen again.

Jim