Patching a TT exhaust pipe - need suggestions

There are these couplers that are awesome to use.  Chec em out here:
http://www.stainless-specialties.com/products2a.htm
"SS Band Clamps"
I've used similar parts every time I've had trouble with joining the
cat-back section to the downpipe.  They also work as step-up or down pieces
(as seen in the pic), and work equally well where both tubes are the same
diameter (your case).
As long as you cut it at a straight section, it should work just fine.
Note: I also found them here, but they are slightly different in style:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product?PID=205618&Pr=p_P
roduct.CATENTRY_ID%3A2006231&catalogId=10101&productId=2006231&langId=-1&AID
=10307561&TID=101&storeId=10101
hth
Al