Not coming to a complete stop was: Scirocco porn!

--- Dan Snow <danws69@earthlink.net> wrote:

> lol

<snip>
> ... I've been doing my best to make
> the slug come to a
> complete stop every time. That's really harder than
> it sounds in the diesel,
> since you don't ever want to lose ALL your momentum,
> and we all know that
> you can't get into 1st until you're under 2mph.

I distinctly remember doing a a non-rolling stop and
_still_ getting in trouble;

(Hmmm, how to describe this?...) When you come to a
stop sign your brake systems grips the rotors/drums
but you rock ever so slightly forward at the end, then
rebound backwards a bit.

It's possible to use the momentum to propel yourself
forward again, but unfortunately it likely relies on
having worn brake/suspension components, (har) and to
Jonnie Law it looks like a 'Hollywood Stop'; hence a
greater chance of gettin the hairy eyeball, etc.

Still, it's lots of fun to play with the timing, and
coordination.

TBerk
btw- full time video ticketing continues to expand
here in the Bay Area. There was a roving van displayed
on the local news just last night.