[OT] Diesel HG help needed

Mark F. wrote:
> Anyone got advice for a diesel newbie on the differences I'll
> experience vs. the same job on a gasser?

What's different is:

-the head gasket is made of copper and you can get different thicknesses
plus you need to do a bunch of 1/4 turns after xxx miles
-the oil is really fucking nasty chemistry-wise so keep washing your
hands clean
-the pump timing needs to be set (harder than a regular t-belt)
-the horsepower won't defrost a witch's tit even if you do it perfect

That's why I never touch 'em.

Wait for Cathy's manual and Drew to chime in, I have it all in my Van
Bentley if you need any miscellaneous numbers.