[OT] Diesel HG help needed

As some of  you may have read in another post the head gasket (I'm
assuming at this point) has blown on the 1.6L NA diesel in my 82
Caddy.  As this is the closest to roadworthy vehicle I have at the
moment I need to get it back on the road ASAP.  Anyone got advice for
a diesel newbie on the differences I'll experience vs. the same job on
a gasser?

If anyone has bentley scans of the particular pages, please email them
- I'd like to get started asap on it, and don't have a Bentley just
yet (I'll try finding one on Ebay or the Vortex later)

Thanks!

Mark.
75
82