We made it home form Cincy and thanks...

It was great seeing EVERYONE again!

It started out as me catching up to the first Scirocco convoy...

And it ended up with me getting arrested, because my license had expired 30
days ago, without me noticing it.
The Highway Patrol was dispatched, and I was clocked at 110MPH...

After spending 12 hours in Licking County Jail in Newark Ohio, my good
friend Marc Getty posted the $10,000 bail, and I was released around 2AM
Monday morning.

Marc picked me up at Licking County Jail, and dropped me off at my house in
Delaware.

Thanks again Marc, I really appreciate having friends, that I can count on.

It's now 4AM Wednesday, Kevin and I, just came back from Licking County,
after getting arraigned today at 12:45.
We set out at 2AM on Tuesday morning, driving my '83 Pickup to Newark Ohio.

At ~6AM the Pickup suddenly stopped running, so I coasted off US 68, into
the friendlies town in Maryland, Cumberland.
Kevin and I were taken back, because everyone, that we came across in this
town, were extremely nice. After some research at the corner store, we
trekked ~10 miles north to an Enterprise Car Rental, on the other side of
town. We got there before they opened, and they didn't even have cars for
customers reservations. I called Hertz, which was located in a Citgo, a
stones throws from my Pickup, and Enterprise was nice enough to drive us
there. The unlimited car rental was only $42 for the day, and I made it to
court in Ohio, with 15 mintes to spare.

We went to the Higway Patrol, and got a release ticket for my Rabbit GTI,
the one with a Golden Finch in the grill.

Kevin and I got back with it at 3AM, after having the Pickup towed home 210
miles, w/Premier AAA...

Thanks to Daun and Brad for organizing CINCY2006, and for our little
contingency plan, for getting my Rabbit GTI back, from the Newark-Heath
Airport.

Luckily that wasn't needed, but it was great for Daun to offer to fly in,
and drive my Rabbit GTI back to Wilmington OH.

Thanks,
Peter
http://thescirocco.com/

http://thescirocco.com/images/DontDriveTheSciroccoDrunk.gif

Please! Include the previous text in your reply...