16V Brake Booster problem

On 7/29/06, David Utley <fahrvergnugen@cox.net> wrote:
> David Utley wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >  I took off my brake booster to paint it and reinstall.  When I did
> > so, I noticed there was all sorts of orange foam coming out the back
> > side, inbetween the actuating rod and the tube it slides in.  Does
> > this mean this one is about to go out, or what?  Any suggestions?
> > Should I get a rebuilt one?

David,

If you look closely the orange foam is actually more red than orange.
Coincidentely this happened to the Mk1 I bought from you.  It turned
out the brake booster had been possessed by Satan.   I'm no biblical
scholar, but if I intepret John 8:23 correctly, with the onset of
armeggedon (ie: the current BS in the middle east) Satan will rise
from the armpit of mankind (your driveway in Oklahoma) and set forth
and multiply in "a space empty of matter".  Who would have thought
that A1 Volkswagen brake boosters would be the ideal vacuum chamber
for the spawn of Satan!

I would check the brake boosters in all your cars.  Check
<www.iamatool.com> for advice on what you should do now...

HTH,

Mark.
75