OT: Oil companies

Marc Getty wrote:
> The same week a few dozen gas stations in town were without any gas for a day or two. The concept of no gas at any price is a very scary one for those of us not old enough to have lived through the gas chrisis of the 70s. I'd much rather pay $3.00 or even $7.00 a gallon then have no gas at all!!

I'd like to hear anyone's stories about siphoning in the 70s.  I was
alive but not very old and I have heard that theft by siphoning was
rampant in some areas.  Did it happen where you were?  Did locking
gascaps mean thieves just punched a hole in the bottom?  Did it happen
because gas was expensive or unavailable?

***

We have E85 pumps all over the place in MN and today it was the same
price as gas, $3.  Why would anyone buy it when it has fewer BTUs?
Don't get me started on ethanol...

***

Bonus, pics of Chavez in Russia buying AK-103s
http://www.kommersant.com/page.asp?idr=530&id=693087