Crank Seal leaking - Passenger Side

Man, I was just kidding!
I thought I put enough friendly commentary in there with the fake outrage so
you'd know.
Everything's cool.

For some reason I generally don't use air tools. Probably don't want to piss
off the neighbors since none of them are NASCAR fans! OTOH, if you're doing
some relatively heavy work, like A2 front suspension, air tools are great
for disassembly.
I don't use them at all for assembly, you don't have any idea what you're
torqueing stuff to.

As far as the front main seal, I'm not going to put the bolt back in with an
impact wrench! So, how to keep the crank from turning? Easy enough to remove
the pan and block the crank with a 2 X 4, PLUS you get to replace the pan
gasket with the newer style rubber one. And how do you get the seal carrier
off without effing up the older style paper pan gasket anyway? I like to fix
the leaks, not fix one and create another.

Maybe you just don't worry about the pan gasket and torque the bolt with the
car on the ground and in gear. To each his own!

I've seen the timing gear key virtually sheared off on a car that was
running fine. So, I have to assume the damage was done during removal. Good
idea to have a replacement handy.
Dan