My car doesn't like the rain - Terrible Vibrations.

Something very strange starts to happens when I am driving on roads that
have a good amount of water on them.  The engine and exhaust system starts
to vibrate horribly.  I can feel the exhaust system banging against the
tunnel.  I don't know if this is the result of something else happening.
All the motor mounts were replaced last year when I rebuilt the motor.  I
have just recently put the stiffest rubber rear motor mount TT sells so I
don't think it is due to bad motor mounts.  I have a Poly front motor mount
also. I can't believe it is because the motor is flexing.  You can hardly
move it by hand.  Since the last rain I got under the car and loosened the
rear and used a pry bar to move it forward as far as I could as it was all
the way toward the rear.  This only happens when there is a good amount of
water on the roads.  On dry roads it is perfect.  I have never experienced
this in my other Sciroccos.

--
Don Walter - Waukesha, WI
1986 8V Black Scirocco (Daily Driver)