Motronic conversion with Passat Harness.... ugh

Yeah, so I'm taking on this project.  What gives with the Bentley?  The wire colors listed are sooooo wrong.  There's probably 3 or 4 wires in my harness that are "correct" in either the early, the late, OR the canadian model.   What's up with that?   Anyways, I've got spark and I've got fuel but I got no running car.  I'll be voltage/ohm testing it tomorrow at the harness to brain connector to see what I messed up but its really a pain.  Any of you guys/gals remember anything that was a specific hurdle when you used a passat harness???  I'm kinda thinking that the wires from pin 33, 34, or 25 are what I messed up.  FUBAR.   Anywho, I got a techtonics and neuspeed chips for the car and can't wait to have one in.
  PS... cc me direct pleeeease.

Dan May -Greensboro NC
1987 16V Scirocco 2008cc!
1991 16V Passat Wagon 5speed and glass roof!
1995 Pathfinder SE 4x4
1993 Nighthawk 750
http://www.geocities.com/sciroccodriver

Groups are talking. We?re listening. Check out the handy changes to Yahoo! Groups.