Clarification on CA DMV Rules

I'm not exactly clear how the old fees affect transfer of ownership. And that
$16 permit sounds even more suspect to me. But the best idea would be to bring
your Cali #1 documentation, plates, etc., and be done with worrying about
it...you can even pop the VIN plate out of your dash if you're paranoid...   :)

HTH, JT