What type refrigerant came on our cars? I too want my AC back

Neptuno wrote:
> Was it the  50 refrigerant oil that came on our cars? I can not
> remember..... I believe that I saw some of this stuff on Ebay....what
> is funny about it is that I thought that we could not "legally" use
> the stuff....what is the status of that legality issue?

50 oil wasn't illegalized.  Freon (R12) was.  That's the refrigerant.
The oil only keeps the compressor lubricated but it runs around the
whole system because it can't help it.  See, Freon ruins the ozone and
oil just sits there.  I don't know what you saw but I don't think any
oil is illegal yet.