A/C o-rings, where to buy?

T. Reed wrote:
> Any advice/pointers would be appreciated..

I was watching the World Cup earlier and was terse but here are my other
tips since no one else is home.  If you can find a local distributor of
FJC products then use them in lieu of buying a big kit but those prices
are pretty good or average.  I have never bought from that store nor do
I care if you do.  I just went and found the name FJC in my crap.

Google to find other places with other prices:
http://www.google.com/search?q=134a+fjc+2538

Auxiliary advice:

1.  Expansion valves are often blamed by ignoramus Gomer Pyles.  Are you
sure it's bad?

2.  "Replace /all/ the o-rings" to do a successful conversion is often
not necessary.  The deal is the new oil and refrigerant supposedly
attack the (regular) rubber so you need (green) Viton or Nupron or
whatever seals everywhere.  That means digging the dash apart.  Given
the relatively cheap price of R134a, you can replace the difficult ones
after they fail without much $$ pain and likely get plenty of use
before.  But do all of the ones you can.

3.  Dump the kompressor by twisting shaft while tilting.  Most of the
oil should be in there and it should feel good when you turn it.  Proper
evac involves vac and solvent but it depends how yours sat.  If it was
open to the elements, you prolly need the full monty.

4.  I hate A/C, never use it, and never fix it.  Why do I know this?