16v sunroof repair?

I've taken mine completely apart twice for the same reason.  Several years
ago I looked into a glass replacement but couldn't find anything that worked
or didn't look cheap.

There are some minor adjustments that can be made to it so it will slide
back again.  Unfortunately, my last attempt worked great for about 6 months
before it started to get harder and harder to retract.  I just pop it up now
and don't bother sliding it back (this also prevents my balding head from
getting sunburned). IIRC the adjustments move the height of the sunroof in
the fully closed position.  If it's too high, it won't retract at all.  Too
low and now your seal won't keep rain out.  It's a very fine line between
working right and not working/leaking.  Good luck if you try it.  It wasn't
too hard, but can generate a few choice four letter words first time
through.  But hey, it wouldn't be a Scirocco if it didn't.

Craig Steiner
'88 Alpine White 16V