Oil Temp Question

I was wondering what everyone's oil temp usually is.

The Mk1 runs between 90-100 when driving.  Runs between 100-110 (Celsius)
when driving real hard (sustained boost).

But, when I am sitting in traffic (rush hour) it creeps up to 110 - 112
and stays there until I get back to standard driving.

Water temp is usually just under 1/2 on the gauge, even when boosting
(water jacket turbo), but when creeping along in high traffic it sits at
3/4.

It has been along time since I have had a mk1 on the road.  The mk2 never
had this issue, but it had the dual speed fan.  So I was wondering what
the "normal" is.

I find it kind of strange as when I put it back on the road I replaced the
rad, water pump and thermostat (80 deg).  All were new.

I guess it could be a bad therm. switch for the fan.   I will grab one of
those this weekend I guess.

But I figured I would check to see if anyone else ran over 100 in traffic.

Cory Langford
'86 Roc turbo,
'78 Roc turbo - Daily driver project,
'65 Ghia Coupe