SPAM-LOW: WTB: Complete (Headers/Cat?/Pipes/Muffler) exhaust for my Mk1 8V

Hey Grant,

IIRC, you're not that far from me...

The 2" Autotech/TT Borla exhaust is coming off of my '81 S, as soon as I run
it through inspection for one last time. So if you can wait a few weeks, I
can sell you that exhaust. The cat to muffler pipe is aluminized steel made
by Autotech, and it's in great condition and not rusted, because the car
came from California.
I replaced the muffler with a new TT Borla stainless steel muffler and a TT
stainless tailpipe. It's a little louder than a 2" TT exhaust w/Borla
muffler, since it doesn't have a resonator, but still sounds great. I
installed a new cat for inspection, and I've put well under 5K miles on this
setup, and it's going to last a long time.

I still have the rough looking, but still working fine Autotech header, that
came on my '83 Rabbit GTI. It was used without a cat, custom one piece 2"
exhaust from the header flange to the muffler, it comes with the flange, but
could still use the header install kit.

I'd sell the Autotech header and the Autotech/TT Borla exhaust for $250
picked up, in Bear Delaware, or $300 with the slightly used cat. If you
want, I can leave the exhaust on the car, so you can hear it, before I pull
it from the car.

Let me know...

Thanks,
Peter

I was wrong, the Autotech header was sold, sorry about that.

It was pretty rough, and you're really not missing anything.
Check it out: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2307299
Seeing that reminded me how bad it was, it had a nasty looking weld repair,
see pic.

The BMS header is really clean, because it's also on the California car. I'd
include it instead for another $100... This header is not all rusted up like
the Autotech header was, it doesn't need a different adapter to accept a
cat, and IMO it's one of the best A1 headers ever made, and it has never
shifted or rotated on me. Sometimes the flex-joint will allow the exhaust to
rotate, at the flex-joint, and this cause the over-axle pipe to bang around,
on the rear trailing arm, and on the exhaust tunnel, and heat-shield. It can
and will also disconnect the rubber hangers...

For $400, you'll get everything from my California car; the BMS
(BellevueMotorSport) header, the almost new cat, the Autotech exhaust with
the TT/Borla stainless muffler, and TT stainless tailpipe. Or if you want, I
can sell you just the exhaust and cat for $250, and you can run a different
header, or dual downpipe.

Peter