non-start

so, today my beast, the 88 16v, decided not to start.

i know my distributor has a small leak, that my fuel level is very low
in the tank, and that Beast protested a bit starting the other day.

engine turns over just fine and electricals that worked before still
do - but i don't think the plugs are firing at all (except maybe once,
as i turn the key to 'off' - then i think i hear a single cylinder go
off).

oh ye scirocco gods, what is amiss?  i don't like driving the honda to work.

blake/

--
"This mother****er is what we call an anomalous phenomenon, no s**t."
- Beauvoir, Count Zero