WTB: MK1 Roc (shell is the only important thing)

I'd actually be interested in hearing from anyone in Canada that has
imported cars.  I have heard many stories of these absolutely rust free
VWs coming from Arizona, etc :)

The only issue i have with a non running vehicle is from what I
understand, when it comes into BC we have about 3-4 weeks to have it
inspected and proven to be "road worthy".  So everything has to be fully
functional to pass.  I have known people who bring bugs, etc up ti simply
thrown in a good drive train they keep for that specific reason.  once
passed inspection they strip the car down and start the restore process.
That might be an option.

I'd also be interested in any info from people who have shipped cars
around the continent at all. I am sure some of us on the list have shipped
a few cars up and down north America :)

Cory Langford
'86 Roc turbo,
'78 Roc turbo - Daily driver project,
'65 Ghia Coupe
95 Eurovan, etc, etc... :)

"Mark F." <mardak@gmail.com>
Jan 24, 2006 10:49 AM

Cory Langford <Cory_Langford@bcit.ca>
cc
scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject
Re: WTB: MK1 Roc (shell is the only important thing)

On 1/24/06, Cory Langford <Cory_Langford@bcit.ca> wrote:

> So I am in search of a decent shell.  I am hesitant to bring once across
> the boarder as it is a bit of a pain, but will for the right car (would
> have to be complete and running or it becomes a real issue to register
up
> here in Canada).

Really?  Are the rules different in B.C. than Ontario?  I've imported
at least 10 cars from the U.S. - both running, and non and I've never
had any issues registering them.  The process is actually quite easy
and painfree...  If you have any questions about the process let me
know...

As for finding clean Mk1's, you're on the good side of the continent.
You're much more likely to find a rustfree example on the left
coast...

Later,

Mark.
75