Designing a Buggery Free Scirocco was: So my electricals are completely buggered

> - You don't have any good reason to run a heavy gauge
> wire from the Starter through to the dash just to turn
> the motor over. Rethink the design with medium gauge
> wire actuating a relay which is located close to the
> 'work' (in this case the Starter), and save some
> trouble.

Yea, I think that's an approach I'd like to go with if possible.  Any
idea what sort of specs, specifically amperage, I should look for in a
relay to power the starter?
I mean, that's essentially what the solenoid on the starter is, right?
 So it shouldn't require like 2 gauge or anything, but I'm thinking
just using a medium gauge wire to the start button will be
sufficient..  or should I try to relay it anyways?

> - Look up Daniel Stern Lighting in Google. Good stuff,
> if (necessarily) basic information.

Yea, he converted me from an avid silverstar user to even more of a
headlight bulb elitist ;)

> - If at all possible try and adapt OEM equipment, well
> maybe. I qualify this to mean if there is some
> Audi/Volvo/Saab/Mercedes/VW part that you might find
> in a wrecking yard that will suit your purpose you can
> be almost damn sure it's going to work better, last
> longer, fail less often than some (excuse me) crap
> from Autozone/Peppy-Boys.

Anyone know where I can score a bentley continental GT third brake
light?  The thin little strip that goes across the top of their rear
window?  hehe.

Stupid Navy took away our liberty for this weekend, so I might not be
able to get out there and work on it tomorrow after all.  grr.  Stupid
Navy.

-Grant-