Designing a Buggery Free Scirocco was: So my electricals are completely buggered

A few random comments.

- Seek out components from non automotive shops:
Welding Supply, Surplus
(Military/Industrial/Electronics/Computer), Marine,
etc.

- You don't have any good reason to run a heavy gauge
wire from the Starter through to the dash just to turn
the motor over. Rethink the design with medium gauge
wire actuating a relay which is located close to the
'work' (in this case the Starter), and save some
trouble.

- I like the "I'll do it my way" approach but be
careful about running, brake & headlight wiring mods.
Safety First and Hardened, Durable, over-engineering
are good watch words. If they fail at the wrong time
it's, well, a drag.

- Look up Daniel Stern Lighting in Google. Good stuff,
if (necessarily) basic information.

- If at all possible try and adapt OEM equipment, well
maybe. I qualify this to mean if there is some
Audi/Volvo/Saab/Mercedes/VW part that you might find
in a wrecking yard that will suit your purpose you can
be almost damn sure it's going to work better, last
longer, fail less often than some (excuse me) crap
from Autozone/Peppy-Boys.

Mil-spec all the way me hearty.

Dems me thoughts, yer welcome to em.

TBerk