CIS bogging/missing at 2K under load

I was thinking of that.

The injectors were replaced about 6 months before the car was taken off
the road, but I was thinking that maybe all the sitting caused some
issues.  Figured sludge and sentiment probably sinks and that may have
clogged the injectors.  I was never a fan of used injectors for the CIS
cars.  They do cost a bit, but nothing like replacing injectors on the G60
:)

Cory Langford
'86 Roc turbo,
'78 Roc turbo - Daily driver project,
'65 Ghia Coupe
95 Eurovan, etc, etc... :)

"David Utley" <fahrvergnugen@cox.net>
Sent by: scirocco-l-bounces+cory_langford=bcit.ca@scirocco.org
Jan 13, 2006 07:21 PM

<Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>, "Cory Langford" <Cory_Langford@bcit.ca>
cc

Subject
Re: CIS bogging/missing at 2K under load

How old are the injectors?  If the are original, they are more than likely
clogged, which means droplets of fuel at certain RPMs.  Take them out and
test them with the fule pump running (as per mention in Bentley), or take
them to someone and have them cleaned.  Replacements can be had for about
50.00 ea., so they are not what most would consider cheap.  HOWEVER, new
ones will run VERY nicely.  If you go used/cleaned, just make sure they
have
a very consistent spray pattern at all pressures.  They should not dribble
at all!

G/L,
  David