CIS bogging/missing at 2K under load

Okay, here is a breakdown of what is on the engine:

It is a 1.8 8V with a hydro head.
Used the standard (straight) CIS from the 78.
Audi 5K turbo Fuel press reg.
Dual can distrib (to retard timing under boost)
2 extra injectors plumbed into the intake, but currently not used as I am
not leaning out under boost.
I set the timing just a hair retard (to be safe)
It has the Audi 5K turbo exhaust man with the 5th runner welded up.
Used the Audi 5K waste Gate
Uses a full super sprint exhaust
Has a Corrado Intercooler
Uses the VW 1.8T Diverter valve with a check valve in-line for a BOV (got
it real cheap and it works)

My next step I was thinking of was to verify the fuel pressure just to
make sure the pump is running up to par.

Cory Langford
'86 Roc turbo,
'78 Roc turbo - Daily driver project,
'65 Ghia Coupe
95 Eurovan, etc, etc... :)

"Eric S" <scirocco@vintagewatercooleds.com>
Sent by: scirocco-l-bounces+cory_langford=bcit.ca@scirocco.org
Jan 14, 2006 08:21 AM

"Cory Langford" <Cory_Langford@bcit.ca>
cc
scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject
Re: CIS bogging/missing at 2K under load

Hmmm...

Good that you have verified you are leaning out...but this has kinda got
me stumped.

Questions:

Have you verified the meter plate moves smoothly and freely with no
"hang ups" in its movement?

What WUR are you using? (did you swap in an audi 5000 turbo one for
example)

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

1979 Dasher Coupe 2.0 8v
1981 Scirocco S (TDI swap project)
1990 Corrado TDI
1990 Fox Wagon (1.6 Heron head project)
1991 Cabriolet (2.0 crossflow 8v project)