CIS bogging/missing at 2K under load

On 10:21:02 pm 01/13/06 "David Utley" <fahrvergnugen@cox.net> wrote:
> How old are the injectors?  If the are original, they are more than
> likely clogged, which means droplets of fuel at certain RPMs.  Take
> them out and test them with the fule pump running (as per mention in
> Bentley), or take them to someone and have them cleaned.
> Replacements can be had for about 50.00 ea., so they are not what
> most would consider cheap.  HOWEVER, new ones will run VERY nicely.
> If you go used/cleaned, just make sure they have a very consistent
> spray pattern at all pressures.  They should not dribble at all!
>
> G/L,
>   David

I  had a brand new set go bad due to me messing with other fuel components,
I changed everything you can imagine to figure out the miss/bog, and then
tried a set of used ones from a friend, and that solved most of the
problem, but there is still something, so I will try another set, this time
a new set. (I just checked the second set two nights ago)  But if you plan
on swapping out other fuel system components, I'd suggest doing injectors
last. It doesn't take a lot to foul them apparently. And do the test first,
it's easy enough to do. If you do them grab new O rings "while you're
there". And mine was a problem under load too, frustrating as hell.
Cathy