Now '84.5 differences, was Re: 4K comments

--- matt <matt@safearmy.com> wrote:

> Correct. My 84.5 does have a 4k and it is the original
> transmission. So are there 84.5's that aren't wolfsburg
> editions? I never really researched it but I always
> assumed the wolfsburg was a mid year model and the rest
> were just 84.

'84 was a "changeover" year.  Early '84s had the small gas
tank without pre-pump, full size spare tire, and small rear
spoiler.  The '84.5 Sciroccos had the large tank w/
pre-pump and mini spare, but still with the small spoiler.
The Wolfsburg Editions were a precursor to most of what we
got with the '85 models - large tank / big spoiler, and
blacked out trim, including on the b-pillar.

 By the way my wolfsburg is finally
> registered in my name and I drove it legally for the
> first time this morning.

Congrats!  Nice day for it here, if a little chilly.  I'm
stuck minding the desk at the airport today, which really
isn't so bad.  :)

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172