4K comments

To answer both of you on your 4K questions, I think
the best and easiest way to locate one would be
through the Vortex.  There you can specifically locate
one.

Now I just happened to find one on a '84 Wolfsburg in
a junkyard (sorry guys, did not go down to the yard
today - very cold and wet) and pulled that for myself.
 And hope to rebuild that with Dan (well, I'll pay him
to do it and learn in the process).

But the chances of finding one in a yard are small -
real small.  I don't ever expect to stumble on that
particular find again.  They are old GTi transmissions
and are coveted.  They might have been on a rocco for
a certain year - that Wolfie might have been stock or
it could have been custom.

You can also go with a 2H and that is a 90mm drive
flange transmission.  Great for the Mk1 if you are
running 90mm flanges.  If you're doing highway driving
much, you might really want to get the taller fifth
gear for either the 4K or 2H.