2008 scirocco

Just like everything else in life, this is a "your milage may very" case
as far as their customer service is concerned.  That issue is strictly on
the dealer owner now and not the main corp.  Sure the corp can flex some
muscle, but chances are, a dealer that hires a-holes will just replace 1
a-hole with another one that will work for less.

No, on the gastank issue.  I can't complain, wasn't the scirocco, but
rather my wifes cabby.  Took it to a dealer (not the closest because they
are a-holes), the mech's confirmed what I told them and then they handled
the recall issue from there.  We got a call from VWOA confirming that we
were the current owners and that the recall would be carried out.  Three
days later, another call from both the dealer and VWOA letting us know the
car was ready to be picked back up.  Total time down, 1 business week.

Top that off, when we picked the car back up, they had washed/waxed it and
detailed the interior.  Outstanding service for a recall, we didn't spend
any money with them on that whole process.

But overall, it's sad that your right.  Service will such when the dealer
doesn't care.

William S