81 Clutch replacement - getting cable installed

Hi.
At this point, with the trans back in place, the clutch lever is right at the stop on on the transmission and
I am unable to press it up by hand to get the cable thru the lever.
Should the clutch be that stiff or have I got a  problem with the installation.

The new release bearing I put in seems a bit taller than the old one.
Would that cause a problem?

Thanks
Ed

>>> Gordy Stedman <ydrogs@gmail.com> 2006-01-09 11:26 PM >>>

Any tricks the raise the clutch lever in order to engage the cable??

Cheers
Ed

I usually use a jack on the end of the lever and raise it up until it hits it limit and then there is plenty of room to install the cable and the clips.  Then adjust accordingly.

--
Gordy
MK1 x 3