81 Clutch replacement - getting cable installed

Ed,
It is very hard to push.  I have secured a strp from the top and pulled it
up, lie one of those rachet types.  Or a very strong person.  The last one I
did I did not have to raise it once the bottom adjusting screw was screwed
all the way up on the cable itself.